Celo Mobile DeFi Hackathon@APAC is kicking-off with a $100K prize pool!
Today, more people on the planet have access to a mobile phone than: Jobs. Food. Running water. Decentralized finance (DeFi) can transform the global financial system in a more secure and permissionless way, removing intermediaries and giving users more control over their assets. Celo is a mobile-first DeFi platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone.
Celo is on a mission to make DeFi what it should be: mobile, accessible, for everyone, and to make Web3 development and infrastructure: simple, affordable, and open.
*Celo Mobile DeFi Hackathon@APAC opening ceremony will be held via Youtube Live at 7 PM, Oct 9(PST)/10 AM, Oct 10 (GMT+8)! Watch it via https://youtu.be/IjlX4gVLqH0
Celo Mobile DeFi Hackathon@APAC will kick start from Oct 8 to Nov 5 on DoraHacks’ developer incentive platform Hackerlink.io. Applicants from any regions in the Asia Pacific (APAC) are welcome to share the $100K prize pool, learn from the workshops, and compete for the $2.5M global prizes and VC funding!
From Venice Beach to Venezuela, Celo’s fast-growing ecosystem is more than just democratizing access to digital money. From NFT creation, integration and marketplaces to environmental innovation and sustainability. We’re making DeFi what it should be: Mobile. Accessible. For everyone. All on Celo.
Quick registration: https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/CELO/1
Application Guide: https://hidorahacks.medium.com/celo-mobile-defi-hackathon-apac-application-guide-3a4d3c7a2a64
Project Submission: October 8— November 5 12:00 UTC+0
Hackathon Opening Ceremony: October 9
Voting: October 8 — November 5 12:00 UTC+0
Technical workshops: Oct 13: Session 1 Celo Case Studies
Live project demos: Oct 22/Nov 5
End of event: November 5
Closing Ceremony: Nov 8
Post-hackathon Dorahack interviews: Nov 9
Celo Mobile DeFi Hackathon is offering…
1. Generous Prizes: $100K for APAC ($50K quadratic funding prize pool and $50K judge’s prizes), $2.5M for global prizes and more for seed funding to help us light up a billion faces with Web3 projects that are committed to building mobile-first DeFi for the 6 billion mobile phone users around the world.
2. Judging Panel: Your ideas will be evaluated by leading figures in DeFi including Linda Xie (Scalar Capital), Morgan Beller (NFX), Vanessa Grellet (CoinFund), Olaf Carlson-Wee (Polychain Capital), Kartik Talwar (A Capital), and Imran Khan (DeFi Alliance) to name a few, with many experts in the industry are here to observe and explore projects with great potentials.
3. Mentors: Hackathon participants will be supported by a collaboration of leading crypto projects and innovators in the ecosystem: Celo, Polychain, CoinFund, CoinList, Flori Ventures, NFX, Chainlink, and The Graph. Plus regional partners; DoraHacks, DevFolio, Blockchain Academy Chile, and Crypto University.
4. Technical Workshops: Eminent Celo ecosystem project teams and technical mentors are sharing details about how to get started with building on Celo ecosystem through a series of workshops.
5. Team/Project Publicity: Each applicant has the opportunity to participate in Dorahacks’ live sessions and gain a lot of exposure.
6. Potential Investment Opportunities: Eco-leaders are here to observe and explore great projects. Come showcase your projects to connect with more potential investors and venture partners.
How to Submit
- Log in to hackerlink.io and click on ‘Grant’ — ‘Celo Mobile DeFi Hackathon’ to apply (new users please register first). Please make sure you have at least 0.003 CELO as gas fee. For gas fee support, please find hackerlink (Telegram: @hackerlinkofficial).
- Join the Celo Mobile DeFi Hackathon@APAC telegram group chat to get the latest information about the event. Developers without projects can also team up in the group and turn ideas into projects together! Link: https://t.me/celoapac
- In order to prevent fake projects from participating in the prize pool, please contact hackerlink (Telegram: @hackerlinkofficial) to verify your project after submission.
- During the Hackathon, we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos, so the earlier the project is submitted, the more attention it will receive. This will surely increase exposure and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
- At the end of the Grant Round, before announcing the results, a 72-hour Grace Period will be held to prevent a Sybil-attack. During the Grace Period, each project will be required to contact HackerLink to confirm the authenticity of the project, and after the Grace Period, the project will be able to take out the community donations and the prize pool to match the prize.
What to submit
All submissions must include a demonstration video of the entry.
All submissions must identify if they included functionality of either of the tracks and/or DeFi, NFTs, Green, Web3 & Infrastructure (SDKs, DevTools), Interoperability.
Your project may fit into one of the following tracks:
- DeFi Track: Build decentralized finance applications, tools, and infrastructure.
- NFT, Gaming, and Creator Track: Build an application to mint, sell or manage non-fungible tokens.
- Infrastructure and Web3 Track: Build or update existing decentralize web applications.
- Green Track: Build or update an SDK to improve developer resources.
- Interoperability Track: Build or update cross-chain applications or cross-chain tooling
- Utilize Hackathon project submission template from GitHub.
- Modify repo, craft a new branch and submit a pull request.
- Optional — Provide a link to the project working on the below platforms
- a mobile device (APK or testlight)
- a web app (mobile or desktop)
What to build
- Build (or update) software applications that interact with the Celo platform.
- Include functionality of DeFi and/or NFTs into your Project and/or improve developer resources with compelling SDKs or update existing ones.
Does the interaction with the Celo platform demonstrate quality software development?
Is the user experience and design of the project well thought out?
How big of an impact could the project have on the Celo platform and wider ecosystem?
Quality of the Idea
How creative and unique is the project?
Global Prizes… Tremendous Prizes
Celo’s aim is to empower anyone with a smartphone anywhere in the world to have access to financial services, send money to phone numbers, and pay merchants — on a decentralized platform that is operated by a community of users.
To achieve this, Celo is a complete stack of new blockchain software, core libraries that run on that blockchain, and end user applications including a Wallet app that communicate with that logic.
QUICK START GUIDES
View the Developer Code Examples page to get started using the Celo SDKs with guided coding exercises.
For other information about some of the key tools and resources that will help developers start building applications on Celo, please visit https://mobiledefi.devpost.com/resources
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.
Please note that the smart contracts generated from the Website will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithm, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. Please understand that the website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project information, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Please be aware of the risks of donation and voting and make rational decisions. Polygon, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t held responsible for any adverse consequences if any.