Xend Finance DeFi Hackathon 2021 Application Guide: The largest Blockchain Hackathon in Africa’s History
One of the dreams and visions of blockchain and cryptocurrency is the tearing down of financial borders and decentralizing power so that it’s spread out amongst the masses. Africa has traditionally seen wildly fluctuating and devaluing local currencies and have been cut off from access to some of the modern world’s best investment opportunities.
We aim to change that with the first Xend Finance DeFi Hackathon: Decentralizing Africa and Beyond that features over $1 million in prizes! Our judges and speakers include Mike Novogratz, CEO of Galaxy Digital, Zack Seward, Managing Editor of Coindesk, as well as leaders from Google, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, and Huobi. This hackathon is supported by DoraHacks.
The Hackathon will be a three-month event, ending on the 21st of December, and features several keynote speeches, including Mike Novogratz, CEO of Galaxy Investment Partners, and Onajite Emerhor, Head of Google For Startups Accelerator: Africa, amongst others. Over $1,000,000 worth of prizes are being offered, including $100,000 from Xend Finance, along with individual prizes from Binance Smart Chain, Huobi, Polygon and other partners. There will be weekly workshops with experts on developing DeFi protocols, building on the various blockchains, blockchain gaming, NFTs, fundraising for startups, and more. The contest is open to all companies and individuals and will have several categories for winners.
Binance Smart Chain, Google, Huobi, Polygon, and Coindesk will be amongst the judges and speakers of the three month Hackathon, starting on 21st September.
We expect the developers to join our developer channel on telegram to get the real-time information on how to start building on Xend Finance.
How to apply?
If you’re stuck in any step, please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram.
- Open https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Xend/1/buidl (login needed). If you’re new to Hackerlink, login with your GitHub or email. If you choose email, a verification code will be sent to your email to create your account.
- When registering a new account, please fill in your information with your telegram handle. *If you encounter a “mobile phone” verification, please SKIP it.
2. Click on “Apply Grant”.
3. Choose “Xend Finance DeFi Hackathon 2021”, and connect your wallet.
- We strongly suggest you to use Metamask as Chrome plugin.
- Please switch to BSC Mainnet in your wallet. Custom RPC configs as follows:
- Network Name: BSC Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed1.binance.org/ or https://bsc-dataseed2.binance.org/
- ChainID: 56
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com/
*Gas fee needed. If you do not have enough balance, please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram. We can help!
4. Click “create a new BUIDL” if you’re new to HackerLink. Fill in the project name, team info, GitHub link, Twitter etc. Please complete the information as much as possible. For URLs, please give only 1 URL in every blank.
5. Confirm submission to complete the application. Please add @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram to verify your project, otherwise your project would not be funded.
6. If your projects have updates, you can edit it by clicking on your profile photo and selecting “My Projects” in “Account”.
How to Gain More Votes?
a. Join the live demo
DoraHacks staff will arrange the schedule with you via the contacts you give for the live demo and official promotion supported by Xend Finance and DoraHack. Before every demo, Xend Finance and DoraHacks will send out reminders in the global developer communities.
Therefore, please give your Telegram, or other ways to let the staff reach you.
b. Join the hackathon earlier
The earlier the projects are submitted, the more people can see and vote for them.
And don’t worry if you’d like to update your project after submission, updates are allowed and every updated project will be listed on the top of the wall.
c. Share in your communities
Share your projects to your communities to gain more support, votes or technical advice.
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.
About Xend Finance
Xend Finance provides the tools and platform for a decentralized financial credit union, regardless of geographic location and home country currency. Members can earn multiple levels of interest on their savings by seamlessly exchanging their crypto or fiat currency to stable cryptocurrencies and staking — the process of locking up crypto assets to earn yields — on lending platforms so members can earn compound interest on their money. The Xend Finance platform is the first decentralized finance (DeFi) credit union.
The team is made up of experienced professionals with backgrounds in mathematics, finance, cryptography, and blockchain development, working for some of Africa’s largest employers, including KPMG, Chevron, and Stanbic Bank. Xend Finance is backed by Binance, Google Launchpad, NGC Ventures, Hashkey, and AU21 Capital, amongst others, and is headquartered in Enugu, Nigeria.
For more Information
Please note that the smart contracts generated from the Website will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithm, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. Please understand that the website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project information, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Please be aware of the risks of donation and voting and make rational decisions. Xend Finance, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t held responsible for any adverse consequences if any.