Solana Season Hackathon@China — up to $1,000,000 in Prize!
Starting April 28th, Solana Foundation, together with Serum and Raydium, will open up registration for the Solana China hackathon, its 3rd virtual hackathon on HackerLink.io, the DoraHacks developer platform.
The prize pool of the Hackathon is totaled up to $1 million in prizes and seed funding. $50,000 will be distributed to participating teams by Solana community voters via the Hackerlink platform’s quadratic voting grant. $75,000 will be granted from hackathon judges that lead the crypto space. The rest of the 1 million prize will be seed funding, prepared for teams to further develop in the Solana ecosystem.
Solana is a fast, low-fee, and censorship-resistant blockchain designed to enable builders to quickly deploy and scale applications to billions of users globally.
This hackathon is focused on allowing developers to experiment and leverage the Solana blockchain to create a plethora of projects spanning Defi (Decentralized Finance), NFTs, and Web3 tech stacks.
While participants are encouraged to build novel crypto apps, hackers can build infrastructure or any tool they believe will have an impact on the Solana ecosystem. The only requirement is that teams must incorporate Solana into their project in some way. Take a look at this list of hackathon project ideas. https://github.com/solana-labs/solana-season/blob/master/ideas.md
Throughout the registration period and hackathon, there will be live stream presentations, workshops, and open discussions on a variety of crypto-related topics. The goal is to help jumpstart your Solana experience and provide you with maximum technical guidance!
Ready? If you build it, they will come!
Solana Has Prepared…
- The total prize pool: includes a Hackerlink prize pool of $50,000, a judge prize of more than $75,000, and a seed round investment fund.
- Tech Team Support: Mentors will be through the entire process to help you get started with Solana development, improve your skills, and polish your projects!
- Jury: At the end of the hackathon, the jury will evaluate and select the winners to allocate the $75K judging bonus pool.
- Official support: Interesting projects have the opportunity to receive official support and compete for the chance to receive initial funding from top-notch institutions.
- Tech Mentoring Workshop: Official technical mentors from Solana, Serum, and Raydium will host several live workshops to help you get started with Solana development.
- Team/project publicity exposure: Each applicant will have the opportunity to participate in Demo Day live to showcase the project!
- Potential investment opportunities: Attend live project demos and let more investors see your project!
Our Venture Partners include:
Alameda Research, Huobi, hashkey, IOSG, NGC, Circle, Coingecko, OKEX blockdream, MXC, CMC, Gate.io，the graph, Bonfida, Orca, Multicoin Capital, AAVE, Chainlink, DoraHacks Ventures, Sino Global Capital
The Prize Pool and Allocation: up to $1,000,000
- 50,000 USD Hackerlink prize pool: distributed by popularity via a quadratic voting algorithm.
- 75,000 USD Judge Round Prize: decided by the judges’ votes.
- The rest will be seed investment: Solana and the judges will jointly select a group of winners for seed investment.
- Prize Pool Contribution:
80,000 USDC contributed by Solana
25,000 USDC from Serum
20,000 USDC from Raydium
Hackathon pre-registration: April 28
Early-May: Solana/Raydium/Serum technical workshop
Mid-May: Hackerlink BUIDL submission channel opens
Early-June: Project live demo
June 8th: Global judge round
June 26th : Project Pitch Day, 3 minutes per project
June 27th Announcement of the final winners (China Track)
Teams are encouraged to submit their projects before June 8th to be eligible for the judge round of the Solana Global Hackathon and win extra prizes.
Who can apply?
- Projects that seek to build on Solana;
- Developers with Rust, C or C++ programming skills;
- Beginners who want to learn Solana development;
· Defi, Web3, NFT projects based on Solana development.
· For Defi project direction, please refer to the Defi Hackathon project idea list. https://github.com/solana-labs/solana-season/blob/master/ideas.md
Must Incorporate Solana public chain into their projects in some way.
How to apply
- Please join the Telegram group chat for registration and teaming up! https://t.me/solanagrant Latest updates will also be shared here.
- The BUIDL upload officially starts in mid-May when participants can upload their projects through hackerlink.io. Meanwhile, to prevent the participation of fake projects, please contact Hackerlink Helper on Telegram@hackerlinkofficial to verify the authenticity of your project.
- During the Hackathon, we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos, so that the projects will get more attention in the morning, increase project exposure, and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
- After the Hackathon, Solana will work with the panel of judges to select the top projects for seed round investment based on the rubrics and completion.
- If you are a non-Chinese speaking candidate that wish to participate, please navigate to https://solana.com/solanaszn to participate in the global event.
Hackerlink Prize Pool: $50,000
Direct community donations: no limit. In previous events, direct community donations often exceeded the total prize pool.
The Hackathon uses a quadratic voting algorithm to allocate prizes, and the prize pool will be distributed to teams based on the popularity of their uploaded projects, while the projects will also receive direct donations from community voters.
Special reminder: No need to worry about the ranking, as long as you get votes, you can participate in the prize pool.
In short, the project quadratic voting revenue = prize pool distribution part + community voters direct donations!
Judge Round Prize: $75,000
Participants can submit up to 1 project before the hackathon deadline. After submissions have been collected, Solana will present the submissions to the judges for evaluation. Projects will be reviewed under the following criteria: functionality, technicality, potential impact, novelty, creative design, and composability.
After the judges have completed their individual evaluations, the organizers of the hackathon will discuss with the judges and select the winners based on the weighted scores of the projects.
The panel judges of Solana Hackathon @China:
Official Discord Channel:
#hackathon-announcements: Announcements from the hackathon organizers
#hackathon-questions: Technical support and help from Solana engineers
#hackathon-team-formation: Introduce yourself, find a team, or seek additional team members
Solana is an open source project implementing a new, high-performance, permissionless blockchain. Solana is taking on one of tech’s biggest challenges: scaling blockchain for global adoption.
The Solana Foundation is based in Geneva, Switzerland and maintains the open source project.
Serum is the world’ s first completely decentralized derivatives exchange with trustless cross-chain trading brought to you by Project Serum, in collaboration with a consortium of crypto trading and DeFi experts. While we built the Serum protocol, it is permissionless — we do not hold special power anymore. It is up to you, the crypto community, to use it as you will.
· Cross-Chain support: A solution to the onchain stablecoin dilemma: A stablecoin that is always worth a dollar but also doesn’t rely on a bank account not getting shut down.
· Orderbooks: Supporting the best technology from centralized exchanges; no need to take a step back with automated market making.
· Speed: Making trades that don’t cost a dollar to place or take minutes to clear.
In the DeFi summer of 2020, Serum launched a decentralized exchange with an on-chain order book. This order book was built on Solana, a high speed blockchain with extremely low transaction costs. This new paradigm presented a massive opportunity to solve the biggest issues in DeFi, by building a fast, efficient AMM that could leverage the existing Serum order flow as well as supply the liquidity in its own pools to the rest of the ecosystem.
With this in mind, the team got to work, and Raydium was born.
DoraHacks is a decentralized global developer community, hackathon organizer, and venture builder. DoraHacks’ blockchain developer platform HackerLink.io provides tools to incentivize and foster open-source blockchain development, such as grants, bounties, BUIDLs, and hackathons.
For more information on DoraHacks, please visit our website | Medium | Discord | Telegram