Solana Ignition Hackathon@Asia Kicks off on HackerLink: A $100K Prize Pool and $4M+ Seed Funding!
*Prize Pool Updated to $100K!
Starting August 31, the global Solana Ignition Hackathon is officially launched. The Asia track, i.e. Solana Grant Hackathon Round-2, is launched on hackerlink.io, DoraHacks’ open source developer incentive platform. Participants can engage through HackerLink for a chance to claim their shares of the $100K prize pool. In addition, the special sponsors of the global Ignition hackathon - Microsoft, Standard Chartered, Jump Trading, Forte and Metaplex - are partnering up with Solana Capital to provide participants with $4M+ seed funding!
Besides the special sponsors mentioned above, each of the renowned ecosystems including Serum, Mango, Pyth network, Raydium, Solend, Stardust and Wormhole network is offering the winner $30K, and Chainlink is offering $5K.
In addition to munificent prizes and funding, we are inviting eminent experts as well as the award-winning projects from the previous hackathon to join our live stream to discuss technology through workshops.
The live sessions hosted by Dorahacks can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/c/DoraHacksGlobal/featured . Stay tuned!
Ignition is offering
1. Generous Prizes: $100K quadratic funding prize pool and $4M+ seed funding!
2. Judging Panel: FTX CEO, Co-Founder of Axie Infinity, Strategist at Microsoft along with many experts in the industry are here to observe and explore projects with great potentials.
3. Solana Team Support: Interesting projects have the opportunities to directly communicate with Solana team and receive full assistance from them throughout the hackathon.
4. Technical Workshops: Eminent Solana ecosystem project teams and technical mentors are sharing details about how to get started with building on Solana ecosystem through a series of workshops.
5. Team/Project Publicity: Each applicant has the opportunity to participate in Dorahacks’ live sessions and gain a lot of exposure.
6. Potential Investment Opportunities: Eco-leaders are here to observe and explore great projects. Come showcase your projects to connect with more potential investors and venture partners.
Our Judges are:
Start time: 8/31/2021 20:00
Global project submission deadline: 10/8/2021
Asia track project submissioin deadline: 10/20/2021 20:00
Voting: 8/31/2021–10/20/2021 20:00
Workshop start time: early October
First round project demo: mid October
Winner announcement date: 10/24/2021
Who can apply
Any projects that have built or are planning to build on Solana ecosystem can sign up for Ignition hackathon! Developers/hackers are all welcomed to participate whether you’re familiar with hackathon or not.
How to Apply
1. Login on hackerlink.io, click “Grant”, find “Solana Ignition Hackathon” (for new users please sign up first); or go to https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Solana/H9Mo1aNgz1Xcqirvt3b6g8xSPxgkcTMjEVfyGcG6pFsh and choose “Apply Grant” — “Solana Ignition Hackathon”.
2. Join the Solana developer group chat https://t.me/solanagrant to receive latest information about the event. Developers with no current projects can also collaborate within the groups to manifest great ideas!
3. To prevent fake projects from accessing the prize pool, please contact @hackerlinkoffical (telegram) to verify your project after submission.
4. During the hackathon we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos. The earlier the project is submitted, the more attention it receives. This will surely increase your exposure and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
5. At the end of the Grant Round, there will be a Grace Period of 3–5 days before announcing the results to prevent Sybil-attack. During the Grace Period, each project will be required to contact HackerLink to confirm their authenticity. After the Grace Period, eligible projects will be able to claim their corresponding prizes and community donations.
The Prize Pool and Allocation
Each vote of the voter directly affects the prize distribution.
The Grant prize pool consists of three parts:
a. Community Contribution: Community members will vote for Hacker projects of interest, where the USDC spent on this part of the vote will be directly allocated to the corresponding project teams after the event.
b. $50K Quadratic Voting Matching Prize Pool: The initial prize pool will be allocated to each project based on their popularity through the procedure of quadratic voting. Please note: The number of votes is the most important factor!
c. $4M Global Seed Funding
In other words, the final prizes received by a project = community contribution + a share of the quadratic voting matching prize pool + seed funding opportunity
Solana is an open source project implementing a new, high-performance, permissionless blockchain. The Solana Foundation is based in Geneva, Switzerland and maintains the open source project. Please visit https://solana.com/ for more information.
Solana Ignition Hackathon resources: https://ignition.devpost.com/resources.
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.
For more Information
Please note that the smart contracts generated from the Website will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithm, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. Please understand that the website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project information, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Please be aware of the risks of donation and voting and make rational decisions. Polygon, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t held responsible for any adverse consequences if any.