Serum & Wormhole Hackathon @Asia Voting Guide
*Welcome Slope’s participation as special sponsor and judge! Extra $10K prizes are secured for the hackers 🤩
HackerLink is officially announcing the partnership with Serum by hosting the entrance for all APAC participants. Starting January 5th, 2022, the BUIDL application and quadratic voting will both be made open for the community. To get community voting ready, this article (tutorial video attached) serves the purpose of guiding voters throughout the voting process, from preparation, voting steps, to funding verification.
Serum & Wormhole Hackathon @Asia aims to attract Web2 and Web3 developers to build on the Solana blockchain, leveraging Serum’s liquidity infrastructure and Wormhole’s cross-chain bridge.
Click here to learn more about Serum & Wormhole Hackathon @Asia
Join us and become a voter @HackerLink today: https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter
If you’re an applicant, please register at https://hackerlink.io/grant/serum/
- Voting period: Jan 5th to 31st, 2022
- Vote via HackerLink: https://hackerlink.io/grant/serum/
- Owns an account with Slope Wallet or Phantom Wallet.
- Make sure you have a sufficient USDC balance and gas fee (SOL) in your wallet.
- Please vote on PC (better via Chrome extension). If you want to vote via mobile, please use Slope wallet.
*Additional times are needed to reflect your vote on the leaderboard, please go to https://explorer.solana.com/ if you are urged to validate the transaction immediately*
How to Vote?
1. Click “BUIDLs” to view the participating projects.
2. Click “Vote” to support and choose your wallet.
3. Once the wallet is connected (the wallet address should appear in the voting interface), key the amount you want to vote. The Nth vote will cost N*1 USDC so if you’re going to give 3 votes, you need to pay 1+2+3=6 USDC.
4. Click “Confirm” to finish.
5. After voting, you can check the current project ranking via the leaderboard.
6. Feel free to join the Telegram group: https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter to interact and network with other voters!
Why should YOU become a voter?
- Contribute to the Serum ecosystem & Wormhole’s ecosystem
- Incentivize blockchain builders & support entrepreneurship
- Express the relative strength of personal preferences via the Quadratic Funding mechanism
- Impact the allocation of $595,000 prize pool + additional $5M seed funding
Meet other multi-chain contributors @HackerLink today:https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter
- Join us on Telegram for future updates.
- Follow Dorahacks on Twitter and Youtube to receive HackerLink news, new video uploads, premieres, and live streams on Hackathon workshops and project demo sessions.
Let’s level up your voting profile!
What is Quadratic Funding? How does it work?
Quadratic Voting is a voting scheme introduced and often discussed in the Radical Markets community. It is often considered an innovative improvement of the traditional 1-person-1-vote or 1-dollar-1-vote voting schemes. The simplified formula on how quadratic voting functions is:
Cost to the voter = 1+2+3+…+ number of votes USDC
With such a mechanism, community contributors can vote for their favorite projects and emphasize their preferences through multiple votes. Along with the increased contribution each round, of course.
How would this affect project incentives? Popularity, which is embedded in this mechanism and is comprised of the total number of votes driving the top project with the most allocated prize. Plus, the accumulated USDC will go directly to the respective project after each round.
For the Chinese version, please view it here.
Frequently Asked Question
0. What if I encounter problems during the voting process?
HackerLink provides voter support in Telegram, join us here.
1. Can I see my voting history?
Voting history is unavailable for voters at the moment. But builders are able to view your address at the end of the hackathon.
However, if you would like to verify the validity of your votes, you are able to view your voting history via https://explorer.solana.com/
2. Can I use bots to mass vote for some project?
Absolutely don’t do this. Botting and other ways of cheating will be detected by our anti-Sybil attack mechanism, which is why a grace period (3–5 days) is being issued for such a purpose. Please keep in mind that botting will NOT grant your supported projects in any stance of superiority nor impact the prize pool distribution in your favor.
3. Can the project with more votes get a bigger share of the prize pool?
According to the Quadratic Funding mechanism, popularity is the basis of the distribution of the prize pool. If a project is supported by more VOTERS (rather than votes), it will receive more prizes by the end.
For e.g, A project with 10 votes from 10 voters will be prized more than a project with 10 votes from fewer voters.
4. Who receives the USDC I paid?
The votes (or we call “donations”) will go directly to the projects.
5. Why can’t I vote?
Invalid voting may occur for multiple reasons, please ensure that you:
- Own a sufficient amount of USDC & SOL (for gas fee) in your wallet.
- Connected to HackerLink: you should be notified with a pop-up page on your wallet that asks for authorization to connect with HackerLink. Once you authorized the action, your account number should appear in the voting interface.
If the problem still can’t be resolved, please contact Voter Support at Telegram via https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter.
Please note that the generated smart contracts from HackerLink will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithms, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. The website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Be aware of the risks and vote rationally. Serum, HackerLink or DoraHacks aren’t responsible for any adverse consequences.
If you have any questions, please contact us on Telegram. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!
Serum is a protocol and ecosystem that brings unprecedented speed and low transaction costs to decentralized finance. It is built on Solana and is completely permissionless. Ecosystem partners can compose with Serum’s on-chain central limit orderbook to share liquidity and power markets-based features for institutional and retail users. View more here: https://docs.projectserum.com/introduction/overview
About Slope Finance
Building the World’s Best Mobile Decentralized Exchange and Wallet.
Slope Finance, a community-driven full-stack platform that consists of the sectors of DEX, Wallet, and NFTs built atop Solana, provides blazing-fast speed, nearly-zero transaction fees, and an intuitive interface to users. Our goal is to forge a ‘Robinhood of DeFi’.
The firstly-launched Slope Wallet, as the first cross-platform wallet built for Solana, provides Slope DEX and Slope NFTs Market users with a better-than-ever user experience.
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open-source developer platform and open source curation market. It provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open-source developments around the world. The platform offers a variety of features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.