Polygon-Grants Hackathon Application Guide
Let’s BUILD on Polygon — Ethereum’s Internet of Blockchains!
BUILD and Submit Your Project on HackerLink:
https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Polygon/1/buidl (link will be accessible when the hackathon officially launches on Aug 30th)
How to Apply
- Open https://hackerlink.io/en/, and click on the right corner to log in. (If you’re new to Hackerlink, login with your GitHub or Email.)
2. Go to https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Polygon/1/buidl and click “Apply Grant”.
3. Choose “Polygon Grant Hackathon” and connect your wallet using Polygon(MATIC) mainnet and prepare little amount of MATIC as gas fee. (DoraHacks can offer some MATIC for applicants who do not have enough balance. Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for help.)
Check how to connect to MATIC Mainnet in the following part.
4. Fill in the form to offer the information of your project. For URLs, please give only 1 URL in every blank.
5. Click “Confirm” to submit and give gas fee. Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for project verification.
You will be able to see your submitted project on the Grant BUIDL page when the verification succeed.
6. You can edit any details of your project in “Account-My BUIDLs”.
How to Switch to MATIC Mainnet on MetaMask?
- Add Custom RPC in MetaMask
- Enter in the Matic Mainnet settings as follows:
- Network Name: Polygon
- New RPC URL:
- ChainID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL:
What is Quadratic Funding? How does it work?
Quadratic Voting is a voting scheme introduced and often discussed in the Radical Markets community. It is often considered an innovative improvement of the traditional 1-person-1-vote or 1-dollar-1-vote voting schemes. The simplified formula on how quadratic voting functions is
Cost to the voter = 1+2+3+…+ number of votes MATIC.
Individual community contributors can vote for their preferred projects to push them ahead in the funding round. The votes cost MATICs, which are directly donated to the respective projects after the round.
With a quadratic funding algorithm, the cost of each vote to a single project from a single contributor will increase, this encourages community contributors to donate to more projects.
Quadratic Funding was later introduced to the blockchain community by the Gitcoin team by Gitcoin quadratic funding grants. Community members can donate cryptos to new projects to appreciate their effort in building public goods for a specific community. In previous Gitcoin Grants, community members donate ETH to the Ethereum ecosystem projects as community Grants to help them continuously get funded.
To know more about quadratic voting, you can check the Quadratic Funding algorithm by Vitalik Buterin.
Polygon is a protocol and a framework for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks. Aggregating scalable solutions on Ethereum supporting a multi-chain Ethereum ecosystem.
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.
Please note that the smart contracts generated from the Website will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithm, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. Please understand that the website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project information, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Please be aware of the risks of donation and voting and make rational decisions. Polygon, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t held responsible for any adverse consequences if any.
If you have any question, please contact us in Telegram. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!