Harmony Grant Online Hackathon kicks off! Register Now for $50,000 Total Prize Pool!
Starting July 15, 2021, the Harmony Grant Online Hackathon is officially launched at Hackerlink.io, DoraHacks’ open source developer incentive platform.
The hackathon is sponsored by Harmony with a $50,000 prize pool to encourage developers to contribute ideas and early-stage projects to the Harmony ecosystem. The whole prize pool will be allocated based on the results of the community voting. Developers from around the world are welcomed to submit blockchain projects based on (or planning to build on)Harmony!
In addition to the generous prizes, the Harmony technical team has designed a series of workshops and panels to explain how to get started with Harmony development. Applying for the hackathon will also bring you the chance to present your project via DoraHacks Live Demo Sessions. Shout out to the world your vision and codes!
*Notice: We can offer gas fee support during the hackathon! Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for more details.
Let’s BUILD on Harmony — an open and fast blockchain!
What you will receive from Harmony Grant
- Generous prize: a $50K prize pool + unlimited community funding!
- Judging panel: judges will observe the whole process, discover potential projects, and give fundings.
- Harmony Team Support: Excellent projects will have the opportunity to communicate directly with the Harmony tech team and receive full assistance from them.
- Technical Mentoring Workshop: Technical mentors from Harmony ecosystem will explain how to get started with Harmony through a series of workshops.
- Team/project publicity exposure: Each participating project will have the opportunity to participate in Demo Day live to showcase their projects and gain a lot of exposure.
- Potential investment opportunities: teams have the chance to participate in the project Demo Day live, so that more investors will have a look at your project!
- Bounty：There will be bounties provided
Project Submission: July 15 — September 26 12:00 UTC+0
Voting: July 15 — September 26 UTC
Workshop Episode 1&2: August 7
Workshop Episode 3&4: August 14
Live project demos: August 19 — September 22 (live sessions will be arrange daily or bi-daily regarding the number of applications)
The final round of focused quick demos: September 26
End of event: September 26
Which kind of projects can be submitted?
All the projects willing to build on Harmony will be welcomed to apply!
For some suggested tracks, please check Prize Rules for more details.
Who can apply?
- Teams of developers that are already in the Harmony ecosystem.
- Teams that have participated in other Harmony Hackathons and continue to iterate on their projects.
- Developers who want to learn about Harmony blockchain technologies.
How to apply?
- Log in to hackerlink.io/en and click on Grant — Harmony Grant to apply (new users please register first).
- Join the Harmony Developer telegram group chat to get the latest information about the event. Developers without projects can also team up in the group and turn ideas into projects together! Link: (harmony.one/dev-community)
- In order to prevent fake projects from participating in the prize pool, please contact hackerlink (Telegram: @hackerlinkofficial) to verify your project.
- During the Hackathon, we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos, so the earlier the project is submitted, the more attention it will receive. This will surely increase exposure and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
- At the end of the Grant Round, before announcing the results, a 72-hour Grace Period will be held to prevent a Sybil-attack. During the Grace Period, each project will be required to contact HackerLink to confirm the authenticity of the project, and after the Grace Period, the project will be able to take out the community donations and the prize pool to match the prize.
The prize pool and allocation
Each vote of the voter directly affects the prize distribution.
The Grant prize consists of two parts:
a. Community Voting: Sky’s the limit. Community users will choose Hacker projects they are interested in and think have the potential to vote, and the $ONE spent on this part of the vote will be directly allocated to the voted project team after the event.
b. $50K quadratic voting matching prize pool: The initial prize pool will be allocated to each project according to its popularity (voters).
In other words, the final prize money received by the project = community contribution + a share of the quadratic voting matching prize pool
Harmony is your open platform for assets, collectibles, identity, governance. We are an open and fast blockchain.
Our mainnet runs Ethereum applications with 2-second transaction finality and 1000 times lower fees. Harmony’s secure bridges offer cross-chain asset transfers with Ethereum, Binance and other chains.
Build on Harmony, run on all chains. Be the ONE to bridge to all blockchains.
DoraHacks is a decentralized global developer community, hackathon organizer, and venture builder. DoraHacks’ blockchain developer platform HackerLink.io provides tools to incentivize and foster open-source blockchain development, such as grants, bounties, BUIDLs, and hackathons.