Harmony Grant Hackathon Application Guide
*Submission deadline is Oct 20. Please submit your project and contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for verification before the due time.
Starting July, 2021, the Harmony Grant Online Hackathon is officially launched at Hackerlink.io, DoraHacks’ open source developer incentive platform.
The hackathon is sponsored by Harmony with a $50,000 prize pool to encourage developers to contribute ideas and early-stage projects to the Harmony ecosystem. The whole prize pool will be allocated based on the results of the community voting. Developers from around the world are welcomed to submit blockchain projects based on (or planning to build on)Harmony!
Let’s BUILD on Harmony — an open and fast blockchain!
How to Apply
0. Make sure your wallet is switched to Harmony mainnet and has at least 0.001 ONE as gas fee.
*Notice: We can offer gas fee support during the hackathon! Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for more details.
- Open https://hackerlink.io/en/, and click on the right corner to log in. (If you’re new to Hackerlink, login with your GitHub or Email. If you encounter a mobile verification process, you can skip. )
2. Go to https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Harmony/1/buidl and click “Apply Grant”.
3. Choose “Harmony Grant Round 1” and connect your wallet. Please set your wallet to “Harmony Mainnet” , and prepare little amount of ONE as gas fee. (DoraHacks can offer some ONE for applicants who do not have enough balance. Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for help.)
The best wallet to use is Metamask on Chrome.
Registration will FAIL if you skip connecting your wallet or paying gas fee.
4. Fill in the form to offer the information of your project.
- For URLs, please give only 1 URL in every blank.
- For project source, please choose “Hackathon”.
5. Click “Confirm” to submit and give gas fee(Metamask will pop up at this step). You will be able to see your submitted project on the Grant page, which means you have completed your application.
6. You can edit any details of your project in “Account-My BUIDLs”.
Notice! After submission, please add DoraHacks on Telegram to get verified and more support in promoting your project on social media.
How to Connect Harmony Mainnet to Metamask?
Click “Custom RPC”
Network Name: Harmony Mainnet
New RPC URL: https://api.harmony.one
Chain ID (use number only):
Currency symbol: ONE
Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.harmony.one/
Click “Save” to finish.
What you will receive from Harmony Grant
- Generous prize: a $50K prize pool + unlimited community funding!
- Judging panel: judges will observe the whole process, discover potential projects, and give fundings.
- Harmony Team Support: Excellent projects will have the opportunity to communicate directly with the Harmony tech team and receive full assistance from them.
- Team/project publicity exposure: Each participating project will have the opportunity to participate in Demo Day live to showcase their projects and gain a lot of exposure.
- Potential investment opportunities: teams have the chance to participate in the project Demo Day live, so that more investors will have a look at your project!
Which kind of projects can be submitted?
All the projects willing to build on Harmony will be welcomed to apply!
For some suggested tracks, please check Prize Rules for more details.
The prize pool and allocation
Each vote of the voter directly affects the prize distribution.
The Grant prize consists of two parts:
a. Community Voting: Sky’s the limit. Community users will choose Hacker projects they are interested in and think have the potential to vote, and the $ONE spent on this part of the vote will be directly allocated to the voted project team after the event.
b. $50K quadratic voting matching prize pool: The initial prize pool will be allocated to each project according to its popularity (voters).
In other words, the final prize money received by the project = community contribution + a share of the quadratic voting matching prize pool
Harmony is your open platform for assets, collectibles, identity, governance. We are an open and fast blockchain.
Our mainnet runs Ethereum applications with 2-second transaction finality and 1000 times lower fees. Harmony’s secure bridges offer cross-chain asset transfers with Ethereum, Binance and other chains.
Build on Harmony, run on all chains. Be the ONE to bridge to all blockchains.
DoraHacks is a decentralized global developer community, hackathon organizer, and venture builder. DoraHacks’ blockchain developer platform HackerLink.io provides tools to incentivize and foster open-source blockchain development, such as grants, bounties, BUIDLs, and hackathons.