DoraHacks’ Hack Austin (Web3 Blockchain Hackathon) is open for submission until May16th 12pm, and projects can enter the grant program to share the prize pool up to $21000.
Many of the projects are very exciting and they need support from our online communities.
Communities can support them by giving them vote. When you vote on the projects, you are making direct donations of USDCs to them, and become one of their sponsors.
How to Vote/Sponsor the Projects I Like?
- Open https://hackerlink.io/en/. If you’re new to Hackerlink, please sign up first at https://hackerlink.io/en/Login, by linking your Github account, or your email.
2. Click “Grant” on the top-bar, then click “Hack Austin” on the page. Make sure you’re seeing the Hack Austin page. Or you can try clicking https://hackerlink.io/Grant?type=Hack%20Austin
Then click “Grant BUIDLs” to view project details.
3. Select projects you decide to vote for and click on “Vote”. Note that every vote is a direct donation of USDCs to support the projects. Choose wallet (MetaMask or WalletConnect ).
Please configure the network to BSC Mainnet.
How to Switch to BSC Mainnet on MetaMask?
- Add Custom RPC in MetaMask
2. Input the following information:
- Network Name: BSC Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed1.binance.org/ or https://bsc-dataseed2.binance.org/
- ChainID: 56, or 0x38 if 56 doesn’t work
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com/
3. Select the number of votes you’d like to give.
The first vote of each voter for every project in this round costs 1 USDC. According to quadratic funding algorithm, your Nth vote towards the same project costs 1*N USDCs. More details about voting please refer to “Quadratic Payments”.
4. Confirm in the wallet, and submit votes.
5. You can check the leaderboard for real-time voting (funding) results.
If you have any questions, please ask questions to telegram @siyu_mia to get more support. We’d love to hear your advice :)
What is Quadratic Funding? How does it work?
Quadratic Funding Grant is inspired by Vitalik Buterin and GitCoin’s early practice on the Quadratic Funding Mechanism to fund public capital in the Ethereum ecosystem.
The funding mechanism includes two grant pools:
A. Direct donations from community contributors
B. A matching prize pool from sponsors
The quadratic funding algorithm is intended to increase the weight of community and decrease the weight of a single contributor. It makes it more difficult for a single contributor to invest heavily into one single project, and such encourages community contributors to donate to more projects.
To know more about quadratic voting, check the article Quadratic Funding algorithm by Vitalik Buterin.
Please note that the smart contracts generated from the Website will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithm, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. Please understand that the website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project information, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Please be aware of the risks of donation and voting and make rational decisions. HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t held responsible for any adverse consequences if any.
If you have any question, please contact us in Telegram. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!
DoraHacks is a decentralized global developer community, hackathon organizer, and venture builder. DoraHacks’ blockchain developer platform HackerLink.io provides tools to incentivize and foster open-source blockchain development, such as grants, bounties, BUIDLs, and hackathons.
For more information on DoraHacks, please visit our website.