Filecoin Grant Online Hackathon kicks off! Register Now for $50,000 Total Prize Pool!
Starting May 1, 2021, the Filecoin Grant Online Hackathon is officially launched at Hackerlink.io, DoraHacks’ developer platform.
The Hackathon is sponsored by Filecoin with a $50,000 prize pool to encourage developers to contribute ideas and early-stage projects to the Filecoin ecosystem. The $25K prize pool will be allocated based on the results of the community donation voting, and $25K will be allocated by the judges’ vote. Developers from around the world are welcomed to submit blockchain projects based on Filecoin!
In addition to the generous prizes, the Filecoin technical team has designed a series of workshops to explain how to get started with Filecoin development, and the Filecoin eco-leader will explain what benefits are available to everyone who joins the Filecoin Developer’s Club eco-system.
Let’s BUILD on Filecoin — Web3: apps, dapps, and more!
What you will receive from Filecoin Grant
- Generous prize: $25K initial prize pool + $25K judges’ prize pool, total $50K!
- Judging panel: judges will observe the whole process, discover potential projects, and vote to allocate the $25K judging bonus pool.
- Filecoin Team Support: Excellent projects will have the opportunity to communicate directly with Filecoin tech team and receive full assistance from them.
- Techn Mentoring Workshop: Technical mentors from Filecoin will explain how to get started with the Filecoin ecosystem through a series of workshops.
- Team/project publicity exposure: Each participating project will have the opportunity to participate in Demo Day live to showcase their projects and gain a lot of exposure.
- Potential investment opportunities: teams have the chance to participate in the project Demo Day live, so that more investors will have a look on your project!
Members of our Venture Partners include:
Fenbushi Capital, Binance Smart Chain, OKExChain, HECO, DFG, SNZ, NGC, Multicoin, Dragonfly, HashKey , Candaq, Dealean Capital, CabinVC, Kernel Ventures, Collinstar Capital, DoraHacks Ventures
Hackathon pre-registration: April 25
Project Submission: May 1 — July 9
Project voting: May 1 — July 18 12:00 UTC+0
Workshop starts: mid-May
First round of project demos: June 1
Second round of project demos: June 15
Third round of demos: July 1
The final round of focused quick demos: July 17
End of event: July 18 (UTC+0)
Which kind of project can be submitted?
Items that are in the wish of the file ecosystem…
Who can apply?
- Teams of developers that are already in the Filecoin ecosystem.
- Teams that have participated in other Filecoin Hackathons and continue to iterate on their projects.
- Developers who want to learn about Filecoin-related blockchain technologies.
How to apply?
- Log in to hackerlink.io and click on Grant — Filecoin Grant to apply (new users please register first).
- Join the Filecoin Grant telegram group chat to get latest information about the event. Developers without projects can also team up in the group and turn ideas into projects together! Link: https://t.me/filecoingrant
- In order to prevent fake projects from participating in the prize pool, please contact hackerlink(Telegram: @hackerlinkofficial) to verify your project.
- During the Hackathon, we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos, so the earlier the project is submitted, the more attention it will receive. This will surely increase exposure and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
- At the end of the Grant Round, before announcing the results, a 24-hour Grace Period will be held to prevent a Sybil-attack. During the Grace Period, each project will be required to contact HackerLink to confirm the authenticity of the project, and after the Grace Period, the project will be able to take out the community donations and the prize pool to match the prize.
The prize pool and allocation
Each vote of the voter directly affects the prize distribution.
The Grant prize consists of three parts:
a. Community Voting: Sky’s the limit. Community users will choose Hacker projects they are interested in and think have the potential to vote, and the USDC spent on this part of the vote will be directly allocated to the voted project team after the event.
b. 25K initial prize pool: The initial prize pool will be allocated to each project according to its popularity.
c. 25K Judges’ Choice Prize Pool: The Judges’ Vote Bonus Pool will be allocated to each project according to the votes of the judges.
In other words, the final prize money received by the project = community contribution + initial prize pool quota + judges’ prize pool quota
Filecoin is a decentralized storage network designed to store humanity’s most important information. It turns cloud storage into an algorithmic marketplace through a network protocol. Filecoin’s proof-of-storage mechanism is the new foundation for a distributed storage network with built-in incentives that will drive the market for data storage and retrieval across the Internet.
For Filecoin enthusiasts, please join Filecoin Slack Channel: filecoinproject.slack.com
For more information about Filecoin, please see：
Filecoin GitHub: https://github.com/filecoin-project
Filecoin Network Deployment：https://github.com/filecoin-project/community-china/tree/develop
DoraHacks is a decentralized global developer community, hackathon organizer, and venture builder. DoraHacks’ blockchain developer platform HackerLink.io provides tools to incentivize and foster open-source blockchain development, such as grants, bounties, BUIDLs, and hackathons.