Doge Hack Application Guide
The World’s First Doge Hack is coming!
Together with the hackathon, we are launching the first DOGE quadratic funding grant! to bootstrap this quadratic funding grant hackathon, DoraHacks is donating 50,000 Dogecoins to the quadratic funding matching pool.
BUILD and Submit Your Project on HackerLink:
How to Apply
- Open https://hackerlink.io/en/, and click on the right corner to log in. (If you’re new to Hackerlink, login with your GitHub or Email.)
2. Go to https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Alaya/1 and click “Apply Grant”.
3. Choose “Doge Hack 1” and connect your wallet using BSC mainnet and prepare little amount of BNB as gas fee. (DoraHacks can offer some BNB for applicants who do not have enough balance. Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for help.)
4. Fill in the form to offer the information of your project. For URLs, please give only 1 URL in every blank.
5. Click “Confirm” to submit and give gas fee. Please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram for project verification.
You will be able to see your submitted project on the Grant BUIDL page when the verification succeed.
6. You can edit any details of your project in “Account-My BUIDLs”.
About Doge Hack
Build ecosystem for the space currency.
Dogecoin and Bitcoin are going to become the space currency — for sure. But there are many pending problems to solve: the blockchain network bandwidth, throughput, speed, security, communication, use cases, inter-planetary consensus algorithms, energy efficiency and sustainability. Other than that, the ecosystem of Dogecoin is critical, therefore, we encourage developers from our communities and beyond to build on Doge, and build its ecosystem.
The market is at another turning point now — we know that DEXes cannot change the world alone. Far from it. If we want to win the long battle, we need to build cryptos into mass adoption.
Making crypto currencies widely adopted is critically important. Dogecoin is particularly important, because it can become the space currency, which we can spend on Moon, Mars, and even further-away galaxies.
There are a few ideas for your reference, but this hackathon is accepting ALL cool ideas and projects built on Doge.
- Doge Infra — build and improve infrastructures for Doge. Wallets, APIs, improvements on the consensus algorithms, throughput, speed, security, etc.
- Space Currency — build inter-planetary consensus algorithms, P2P communication technologies, payment technologies, and other infrastructures to allow Dogecoin to be transferred between different planets.
- Doge MEMEs — create Doge MEMEs to make Doge even more adorable.
- Doge Dapps & Games — build Dapps and games using Doge on Doge blockchain or other bridged blockchains (e.g. Ethereum, BSC, HECO, etc.).
- Doge Defi — build Doge Defi solutions for the Doge community. Notably, Dogecoin has the largest community around the world. Doge Swaps, lending protocols, fixed-income protocols and other finance applications can enable the communities do a lot of interesting things.
- Doge DAOs, Communities and Media — Build Doge communities, DAOs, and media protocols.
“ In the long run, the real battle is between fiat & crypto.”
Why Join Us?
1. Great Prize Pool waiting for you!: Every project that gets voted will be able to share a slice of our total prize pool plus community donations, distributed and fund matching by our on-chain quadratic voting and funding mechanism. (More updates coming soon)
2. Publicity Exposure: We provide opportunities for you to showcase your projects to our developer communities around the world via social media channels!
3. Further Fundings: We have many venture partners behind the scene. We will connect good projects to investors and help your projects to potentially get funded.
More is waiting for you! It’s an amazing time to BUIDL!
How to apply
- Applicants can submit their projects through hackerlink.io. Meanwhile, to prevent the participation of fake projects, please contact Hackerlink Helper on Telegram @hackerlinkofficial to verify the authenticity of your project.
- During the Hackathon, we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos, so that the projects will get more attention in the morning, increase project exposure, and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
It will be a good start if you have some of the skills listed below:
Satellite Communications | Asteroid Commodities | Communication Technologies
BFT | Lightening | Taproot | Consensus Algorithms | Renewable Energy
Meme creator | Crypto Artist | DAO curator | UI/UX
Solidity | IPFS | NFT | Arweave | ZKP | Rust | Substrate | Solana
DAO | On-chain Governance | Radical Markets | Privacy Technology
Front-end | Back-end | Full Stack | Mobile App Development
Ready? Let’s Hack. Let’s BUIDL!
Buidl Submission: July 28 — November 10
Community voting: July 28 — November 10
Project live demos: Early-November
How to Switch to BSC Mainnet on MetaMask?
- Add Custom RPC in MetaMask
2. Input the following information:
- Network Name: BSC Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed1.binance.org/ or https://bsc-dataseed2.binance.org/
- ChainID: 56, or 0x38 if 56 doesn’t work
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com/
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.
Please note that the smart contracts generated from the Website will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithm, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favor. Please understand that the website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project information, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Please be aware of the risks of donation and voting and make rational decisions. Filecoin, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t held responsible for any adverse consequences if any.
If you have any question, please contact us in Telegram. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!