Welcome to DAO HACK
DAO Hack, the on-chain governance track of US Crypto Summer Hackathon, will start on July 1,2021. Please reach out here @ https://t.me/hackerlinkofficial if you need more information.
The DAO Hack is coming!
#BUIDL the next level on-chain governance applications for the next MEGA Bull
The core of DAO is on-chain governance. Without blockchain, many things are unimaginable! Now we can implement quadratic voting, Harberger tax, continuous organizations, Moloch, and many more interesting schemes and products ON-CHAIN! The new generation of on-chain governance is coming to reality.
Thus, Dora Factory team is hosting a unique DAO Hack, aka. the Dora Factory Community QF Grant to provide incentive for creative designs in on-chain governance.
Join us to innovate and build DAO schemes and products for the mass adoption of DAO!
Dora Factory Community QF Grant Round-1
For the 1st round of Dora Factory Community Quadratic Funding Grant, Dora Factory is injecting $20,000 USD worth of crypto to the initial prize pool. This Grant will be distributed based on the Quadratic Funding V2 protocol on the HackerLink platform.
Dora Factory’s Community Grant aims to incentivize and reward developers to build on-chain governance schemes, applications, products, and even infrastructure level toolkits to revolutionize the DAO space.
Who can apply?
Hackers building cool DAO stuff. Whether you are hackers with great ideas or already are building moonshot DAO technology or products, we welcome all new and old hacking buddies!
We would love to see BUIDLs in the following fields:
- Toolkits or side products to improve user experience on HackerLink
- Substrate pallets integrated to the Dora Factory parachain template that can be used in parachain governance
- Smart contracts of substrate pallets that improve Dora Factory DAO governance
- Frontend products of Dora Factory Substrate pallets (QF, MolochDAO, Futarchy, etc.)
- Products and technology to improve governance on Ethereum and other EVM compatible chains
- Anti-sybil and anti-fraud solutions through DoraID
Why Join Us?
- Great Prize Pool waiting for you!: Every project that gets voted will be able to share a portion of our total prize pool plus community donations, distributed and fund matching by our on-chain quadratic voting and funding mechanism. (More updates coming soon)
2. Publicity Exposure: We provide opportunities for you to showcase your projects to our developer communities around the world via social media channels!
3. Support: We have FREE workshops for you to kick-start your projects! Also, you will have access to our top-notch mentors for technical support and advice.
4. Further Fundings: We have many venture partners behind the scene. We will connect good projects to investors and help your projects to potentially get funded.
5. Certificates: Participation Certificates will be awarded to all the participants and Award certificates will be given to the top 3 teams on our leaderboard.
More is waiting for you! It’s an amazing time to BUIDL!
We believe some of you are amazing bounty hunters! There will be bounties provided by many hackathon partners starting from July 2021. Stay tuned and get ready to tackle them to win a good number of cryptos as rewards! Please know that the bounties will be separated from the hackathon prize pool.
It will be a good start if you have some of the skills listed below:
DAO | On-chain Governance | Radical Markets | Privacy Technology
BFT | Lightening | Taproot | Consensus Algorithms | Renewable Energy
Satellite Communications | Asteroid Commodities | Communication Technologies
Solidity | IPFS | NFT | Arweave | ZKP | Rust | Substrate | Solana
Front-end | Back-end | Full Stack | Mobile App Development
Meme creator | Crypto Artist | DAO curator | UI/UX
Ready? Let’s Hack. Let’s BUIDL!
Workshop starts: July 20
Project Submission: July 1 — August 31
Community voting: July 1— August 31 12:00 GMT-6
Judges voting: August 15-August 31
Project live demos: July 25-August 15
Hackathon Finale & Finalist Demo: August 28–29
How to apply
- Submit BUIDL on Hackerlink.io (Read more on our application guide)
Will there be any Mentors?
We invite top-notch mentors and judges from the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, and venture capitals to join us at the event and support the hackers.
About the US Summer Crypto Hackathon 2021
The market is at another turning point now — we know that DEXes cannot change the world alone. Far from it. If we want to win the long battle, we need to build cryptos into mass adoption.
So, we are organizing an entirely different hackathon from the previous ones — the US Crypto Summer Hackathon 2021, which has three categories: DAO Hack, Doge Hack and Web3 Hack, to address three critical directions of future crypto developments.
- The battle of cryptos to become real currencies, especially in space
- The mass adoption of Web3 technology and its applications
- The emerging DAO and on-chain governance technology
About Dora Factory
Dora Factory is a DAO-as-a-Service infrastructure for on-chain governance and open source ventures.
DoraHacks is a decentralized global hacker community, hackathon organizer, and venture builder. DoraHacks’ blockchain developer platform HackerLink.io provides tools to incentivize and foster open-source blockchain development, such as grants, bounties, BUIDLs, and hackathons.
Our Venture Partners are:
Multicoin Capital, Dragonfly Capital, Binance Smart Chain, Huobi ECO Chain, OkexChain, HashKey, NGC Ventures, Fenbushi Capital, Fundamental Labs, LongHash Ventures, DuckDAO, SNZ, Block Dream Fund, Dealean Capital, Kernel Ventures, Cabin VC, Axia8 Venture, Incuba Alpha, SevenX Ventures, BlockArk, DFG, Coinbene.