BUIDL NFT LOOT BOX Hackathon kicks off! Design Your Programmable Rewards!
BUIDL NFT is a way to fund open-source developers on hackerlink.io. Every BUIDL on the platform can be minted to be a BUIDL NFT and the minted BUIDL NFTwill then become tradable continuously. The subsequent transaction will only be made at a higher price because the bid has to be higher than the current price each round and thus the higher bidder is privileged to buy it. As per referred, BUIDL NFT helps the BUIDL owners to get funded in the long-term — every time the BUIDL NFT is traded, the minter will get rewards.
Traders, as supporters of the BUIDL and BUIDL NFT, can also yield from trading the spread. BUIDL NFT minters can customize benefits for the traders with codes using “Loot Box”. A loot box is a smart contract that contains any programmable behavior after a successful BUIDL NFT transaction.
A Loot Box design can be enriched from the perspective of transaction time, transaction price, holding time, etc., you name it. The programmable benefits are a hacker’s way to reward their supporters.
Loot Box can have such use cases including but not limited to: airdrop, whitelisting, token swap, NFT reward, on-chain registration. Don’t limit your imagination!
From November 20, 2021 to January 10, 2022, BUIDL NFT LOOT BOX HACKATHON will go live on HackerLink to motivate BUIDLers to design more innovative and interesting Loot Box benefits through prize sponsorship and promotional support in order toinspire the community to participate in trading Loot Box！
Introducing BUIDL NFT and Loot Box
Loot Box Development Guide：https://github.com/dorahacksglobal/BUIDL-NFT/
BUIDL NFT Minting Guide：https://hidorahacks.medium.com/hackerlinks-buidl-nft-minting-guide-14388960178a
BUIDL NFT Trading Guide：https://hidorahacks.medium.com/hackerlinks-buidl-nft-trading-guide-563dc46853f
This function of releasing open-source projects’ NFTs was first proposed by Eric Zhang, the founder of DoraHacks in his article entitled “Hackers and Painters, Open Source Projects, NFT and Simplified Harberger Tax” published on the Ethereum Researcher Community and the DoraFactory’s blog. https://dorafactory.medium.com/hackers-painters-open-source-projects-nfts-and-simplified-harberger-tax-b6a672ade89f
Loot Box Codes Submission: November 20, 2021 ~ January 10, 2022
BUIDL NFT Promotion: December 10, 2021 ~ January 10, 2022
Judging: January 5, 2022 ~ January 15, 2022
Release of results: January 15, 2022
How to apply
- Please submit the associated BUIDL to the Loot Box Hackathon after the development is completed. Entrance: https://hackerlink.io/hackathon/11
- Submit your Loot Box code as a Pull Request in the Github: https://github.com/dorahacksglobal/BUIDL-NFT/tree/main/community/lootbox_hackathon
- Bind the Loot Box contract to the BUIDL NFT (setLootBox(uint256,address), see (https://github.com/dorahacksglobal/BUIDL-NFT/ “specification “). After binding, each corresponding BUIDL NFT transaction will activate Loot Box and realize the benefit distribution through the defined Loot Box behavior.
Benefits for you:
- 200U BUIDL NFT minting fee: Teams that develop a Loot Box and have their code merged will be supported with a 200 U BUIDL NFT minting fee support.
- 500 DORA Hackathon prize pool: The judges will vote on the allocation of 500 DORA.
- BUIDL NFT promotion: DoraHacks will conduct Loot Box BUIDL NFT promotion to increase community awareness and attract more Dora community members to participate in the BUIDL NFT trading.
How the 500 DORA prizes are distributed:
The Loot Box Hackathon will consist of 10 judges, each of whom will have 5 votes to cast for the project they are interested in. Each vote will be worth 500/10/5=10 DORA. Projects will receive 10 DORA for every received vote. A well-designed Loot Box will help you get more votes.
Examples for your Loot Box:
- Airdrop the same amount to those who participate in the BUIDL NFT trading.
- Or airdrop different amounts to those who participate in the BUIDL NFT trading depending on the transaction price.
- 1000 U of seed investment for those who hold BUIDL NFT at a specified schedule, e.g. December 24, 2021.
- Whitelisting of all traders with bids over 100 DORA.
- NFT artwork giveaway for all traders.
- NFT artwork giveaway for those who hold BUIDL NFT at a specified schedule, e.g. December 24, 2021 at 12: 00 am.
- Incentivize those who have held BUIDL NFT for longer than 30 days.
…… Or any programmable behavior!
Need some help?
If you have any questions during the application, please contact @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram.
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.
For More Information