50,000 Dogecoin Prize Pool: Doge Hack and Doge Quadratic Funding Grant are Coming!
The World’s First Doge Hack is coming!
Together with the hackathon, we are launching the first DOGE quadratic funding grant! to bootstrap this quadratic funding grant hackathon, DoraHacks is donating 50,000 Dogecoins to the quadratic funding matching pool.
BUILD and Submit Your Project on HackerLink:
About Doge Hack
Build ecosystem for the space currency.
Dogecoin and Bitcoin are going to become the space currency — for sure. But there are many pending problems to solve: the blockchain network bandwidth, throughput, speed, security, communication, use cases, inter-planetary consensus algorithms, energy efficiency and sustainability. Other than that, the ecosystem of Dogecoin is critical, therefore, we encourage developers from our communities and beyond to build on Doge, and build its ecosystem.
The market is at another turning point now — we know that DEXes cannot change the world alone. Far from it. If we want to win the long battle, we need to build cryptos into mass adoption.
Making crypto currencies widely adopted is critically important. Dogecoin is particularly important, because it can become the space currency, which we can spend on Moon, Mars, and even further-away galaxies.
There are a few ideas for your reference, but this hackathon is accepting ALL cool ideas and projects built on Doge.
- Doge Infra — build and improve infrastructures for Doge. Wallets, APIs, improvements on the consensus algorithms, throughput, speed, security, etc.
- Space Currency — build inter-planetary consensus algorithms, P2P communication technologies, payment technologies, and other infrastructures to allow Dogecoin to be transferred between different planets.
- Doge MEMEs — create Doge MEMEs to make Doge even more adorable.
- Doge Dapps & Games — build Dapps and games using Doge on Doge blockchain or other bridged blockchains (e.g. Ethereum, BSC, HECO, etc.).
- Doge Defi — build Doge Defi solutions for the Doge community. Notably, Dogecoin has the largest community around the world. Doge Swaps, lending protocols, fixed-income protocols and other finance applications can enable the communities do a lot of interesting things.
- Doge DAOs, Communities and Media — Build Doge communities, DAOs, and media protocols.
“ In the long run, the real battle is between fiat & crypto.”
Why Join Us?
1. Great Prize Pool waiting for you!: Every project that gets voted will be able to share a slice of our total prize pool plus community donations, distributed and fund matching by our on-chain quadratic voting and funding mechanism. (More updates coming soon)
2. Publicity Exposure: We provide opportunities for you to showcase your projects to our developer communities around the world via social media channels!
3. Further Fundings: We have many venture partners behind the scene. We will connect good projects to investors and help your projects to potentially get funded.
More is waiting for you! It’s an amazing time to BUIDL!
How to apply
- Applicants can submit their projects through hackerlink.io. Meanwhile, to prevent the participation of fake projects, please contact Hackerlink Helper on Telegram @hackerlinkofficial to verify the authenticity of your project.
- During the Hackathon, we will conduct multiple rounds of project demos, so that the projects will get more attention in the morning, increase project exposure, and attract more votes and funding opportunities.
It will be a good start if you have some of the skills listed below:
Satellite Communications | Asteroid Commodities | Communication Technologies
BFT | Lightening | Taproot | Consensus Algorithms | Renewable Energy
Meme creator | Crypto Artist | DAO curator | UI/UX
Solidity | IPFS | NFT | Arweave | ZKP | Rust | Substrate | Solana
DAO | On-chain Governance | Radical Markets | Privacy Technology
Front-end | Back-end | Full Stack | Mobile App Development
Ready? Let’s Hack. Let’s BUIDL!
Buidl Submission: July 28 — November 10 (Updated)
Community voting: July 28 —November 10 (Updated)
Hackathon Finale & Finalist Demo: November 12
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world's most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks' open source developer platform and open source curation market. HackerLink provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open source developments around the world. The platform is offering features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.